[ansel] Newbie trying real hard to set up ansel

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Fri Jan 30 20:25:13 PST 2004

Larry,

There is no dedicated ansel table in the database, it uses the Horde
"shares" system.  Depending on how you have VFS configured in Horde will
dictate where the images are stored.  If you are using MySQL for VFS,
then they'll be stored in the horde_vfs table.  Otherwise they'll be
stored in the path specified in the Horde config file.  Make sure that
the web server user has write permission to this directory if this is
the case.  In either case, the gallery information is stored in the
horde_category_attributes table (that's where the shares system stores
it's data).

First things I'd check are:

1) make sure you have all the Horde framework PEAR modules installed
(depending on how you got your CVS copy, it's the "framework" module on
the CVS server).  There's an install script that you run through PHP to
install all the modules.
2) make sure you have set up the horde database (see scripts/db) and
that it's working properly.
3) make sure you have configured VFS in Horde's config

Other than that, I'd turn on full debug logging in the Horde config and
retry the gallery creation and post anything that might be in that log.

heath