[ansel] Watermark replaceable text - what variables

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Mar 19 06:56:18 PST 2004

Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:

> I'm just using the standard PHP strreplace($search, $replace, $sting)
> function... it's very easy and flexible.  To add more placeholders, just
> extend the $search and $replace arrays.  I might try and put both
> $search and $replace into an associateive array to make it easier to map
> one to the other... but it's not critical at this point with only a
> handful of placeholders.  I'll submit a patch for image.php shortly.

I'm not sure you really took Jan's point - I agree with him. Pass it through
strftime, then do the strreplace call to get any others like name.

> On a side note, I'm also trying to work with the font selection
> (starting by making it selectable from the stock 5 GD fonts).  I think I
> have everything in place for at least allowing the user to select from
> the default 5 fonts (1-5)... but does anyone know if there is a standard
> way of identifying all the fonts that a server has available and
> providing that list to the user?  I suppose I could scan the fontpaths
> and do it the hard way, but I figured that there had to be an easier way
> to get this.  I haven't found anything via google on this, so I thought
> I'd ask the experts...

No, this has to be solved by the Horde_Image api. It's on my list of things to
do. PEAR's Image_Text should be a good source of ideas, though it's gd-only.

-chuck