[ansel] purpose of datatree_order field in SQL?

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Sun Mar 21 21:43:33 PST 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

>> Can someone shed any light on the intended purpose of this field?
>

> To declare a specific order for datatree values on the same level of
> the tree.

Okay... but is datatree_order actually being used for anything at the
moment?  Should the following code work to set the order, then?

$neworder = Util::getFormData($id . '_order');
$image->data['order'] = $neworder;
$image->update();

Will this be automatically reflected in the gallery display, or do I
have to make modifications to the gallery display code to be "order" aware?

Thanks,