[ansel] purpose of datatree_order field in SQL?

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Sun Mar 21 22:28:40 PST 2004

> $neworder = Util::getFormData($id . '_order');
> $image->data['order'] = $neworder;
> $image->update();
>
> Will this be automatically reflected in the gallery display, or do I
> have to make modifications to the gallery display code to be "order"
> aware?

Answering some of my own questions... the code above works to set the
datatree_order value for a given gallery image.  The issue now is that
the DataTree module isn't datatree_order aware as of yet.  It would seem
logical and best that the DataTree driver be made to use the
datatree_order field in addition to the datatree_id field in the ORDER
BY clauses (let the SQL server do the work, it's better/faster at it
anyway)...  I'm just very leary of touching the driver as the changes
aren't trivial (you have to modify all the functions so that they return
the datatree_order field in the SELECT statement so that it can be used
in the ORDER BY clause).  Barring that, I can just add some code to do
it in the PHP pages... but it'll definitely be suboptimal and should be
replaced at some point.

Anyway, here's a snapshot of what the new reorder functionality looks
like.  I used a standard Horde::Form for the rendering of the form,
hence the odd 15%/85% split on the description/order ...  Also, the
filename is a link to a pop-up with the thumbnail of the image... I
thought that would be nice so that you could easily see what the image
was when setting the order.

Note that this does not make use of the _reorder() function... it wasn't
necessary for this initial version.  I'm not sure what it would be
useful for in this case anyway.

Screenshot 1 - The "Reorder" option on the gallery view page
http://www.outerspaceconsultants.com/Files/reorder_option.jpg

Screenshot 2 - The "Reorder" page, showing pop-up with thumbnail image
http://www.outerspaceconsultants.com/Files/reorder_screen.jpg