[ansel] gallery ordering issue

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Apr 1 12:20:05 PST 2004

Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:

> Is there any good reason that DataTree was written to use only a single
> (okay, so it's really two) table as opposed to using dedicated tables
> for each application that uses the driver?

Heck if I know what *you* consider a good reason, but: ease of use,
simplicity,
ease of initial coding. You should go through the commit history for DataTree
at some point. It has evolved *tremendously* over time, always moving towards
being both faster and more flexible. And if you looked at horde/docs/TODO,
you'd see an entry for making it possible to use a different set of tables
instead of the group_uid field.

> This way you can keep the Ansel code a little
> more standard and you don't have lots of workarounds in the code (and it
> makes it easier to update DataTree if you don't have to keep in mind the
> customizations of Ansel).

What workarounds do you think in Ansel? What in Ansel keeps us from updating
DataTree code aside from the standard backwards-compatibility concerns?
I don't
see any of this.

-chuck