[ansel] Ansel::listGalleries()

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Tue May 11 10:52:59 PDT 2004

> Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at chavet.net>:
>
>> Hashing is good, now for the details :)
>>
>> do we want:
>>    ansel/hash/image_full
>>    ansel/hash/image_screen
>>    ansel/hash/image_thumb
>>
>> or:
>>    ansel/full/hash/image
>>    ansel/screen/hash/image
>>    ansel/thumb/hash/image
>>
>> I personally like the 2nd option because it just feels cleaner.
>
> I'd prefer the first, since that way you have all copies of an image in
> the same
> place - relevant if you're ever poking around on the command line instead of
> through code.

Good point, but how about storage efficiency?  the 1st option will have
3 times
as many files in any given directory as the 2nd option.  How about a
combiniation:

   ansel/hash/full/image
   ansel/hash/screen/image
   ansel/hash/thumb/image

I'm just trying to think ahead as far as possible, so we don't have to go
through this process again.

--Ben