[ansel] Re: ansel cli

Vijay Mahrra webmaster at stain.net
Sun May 23 18:14:03 PDT 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> I'd say the Ansel:: class for now; things like importing an image should
> be only
> in one spot, instead of in image.php, xppublish.php, etc. The cli script

the attached patch moves the function getImageFromFile() from scripts/ansel.php
to lib/Ansel.php and also adds a new function to the same file, createGallery()
which does extends on newGallery by doing the job of creating a new gallery and
adding the permissions, name desc etc using an attributes array.  not sure if
these function names are clear or if they belong there, but they're what came
to my head.

> can
> take care of the filesystem-specific bits (reading in data, mostly).

i think i've violated that by moving getImageFromFile() for the sake of not
having code repeated in xppublish :(  i think the function would need to be
added in other scripts too, but it's probably better to check it's ok first
before doing any more work on it.

i have patched xpublish.php and gallery.php to use these new functions.  there
is also a bugfix for scripts/ansel.php which the ':' character missing at the
end of the short options.

also, being a fan of logging everything verbosely, i was wondering if it's worth
changing the scripts to log all message notifications (depending of course on
the level that is set)

vijay
--
Artistic ventures highlighted.  Rob a museum.