[ansel] Display of sub-galleries

Mark Worsdall ansel at worsdall.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 16:16:48 PDT 2006

In message <20060412182719.gu10n2lp2c00o0sw at marina.horde.org>, Chuck
Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> writes
>I'd like to change how we display subgalleries and am hoping for
>feedback. Right now, we display top-level galleries and images very
>similarly, but we display subgalleries in a relatively ugly list. I'd
>like to change galleries to include their subgalleries in their list
>of items - instead of using, say, $gallery->listImages(), we'd have
>$gallery->getChildren(). This would include first subgalleries, then
>images.
>
>Then we could remove the subgallery list templates, etc. Any objections?

I like that, would also like to be able to have the list version though,
so on slow servers we just get like an explorer tree list with image
names and not images being displayed unless you can do the list with a
very small thumbnail of the image with the image filename next to it.

Butterflies (Gallery)
   Morpheos (Sub Gallery) - thumbnail size = 60x60
       Blue butterfly 1.jpg image thumbnail
       Blue butterfly 2.jpg image thumbnail
       Blue butterfly 4.jpg image thumbnail
   Papilio (Sub Gallery) - thumbnail size = 40x40 + filesize + age
       Pink butterfly 1.jpg image thumbnail
       Red butterfly 2.jpg image thumbnail
       Blue butterfly 4.jpg image thumbnail
   Parnassinius  (Sub Gallery) - No thumbnails
       Pink butterfly 31.jpg
       Pink butterfly 32.jpg
       Pink butterfly 33.jpg

Could it be thought about that one could have a gallery/sub-gallery set
so its images can be referenced as ICONS in say another horde package.

i.e. If a horde user has there own gallery:-)/sub gallery (bet you know
I am going here Chuck) of special icons that they understand / know,
they could be used / mapped to replace icons used in a future horde
package that may come along, Like mimp but with graphics assigned to
replace the text (or include the text)?

Oh, we have just nearly made AIMP (Accessibility IMP).

M.
--
Mark Worsdall
http://www.shadowrobot.com/  need a hand??