[ansel] Ansel must generate screen views for entire gallery on first image view. (Was: Something not work again into Ansel)

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Jan 17 19:44:42 UTC 2008

Quoting Claudio Mantegna <claudio.mantegna at gmail.com>:

> Hello Michael,
>
> while you answer me , i wrote you again....
> Not leave anything effort. I just updated with Ansel related upgrade scripts
> executed, but nothing has happened, all as before. The strange thing that I
> continue to see is that it seems libraries gd in Horde, exhausted memory
> space to display the file, even if the image is displayed, dimensionally
> speaking, is smaller (size) than that available was awarded in PHP.INI (eg
> in PHP.INI I put the value of memory_limit to 128MB is the image to display
> it in more than a few MB).

The memory_limit setting refers to the total memory the script
consumes, not just any files it operates on. Regardless though, the
problem is not operating on one image, but as I outlined in my last
email, Ansel has to generate the image views for each and every image
in the gallery the first time you view an image from that gallery.
This is a limitation of the way the image view / slide show code is
currently implemented. This is something that I will be looking into.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)