[ansel] Including subgalleries in recent images block and/or API call?

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Mar 23 17:36:20 UTC 2008

> Any reason not to include subgalleries in the recent images block
> and/or API call? I'd like to have a feed of all recent images in a
> particular part of my gallery tree, without having to specify the full
> thing. I guess I could do a listGalleries rooted to that id?

I didn't have a strong reason for this, other than allowing more fine
grained control over what is and is not included in the results. To a
lesser extent, for the block it seemed like it might be confusing for
a user to understand that if even though gallery A and Gallery SubA
are listed separately in the drop down, selecting Gallery A could show
pictures from Gallery SubA. I'd prefer it to be switched with a
parameter if possible, but other than that I don't have a strong
feeling about it.

> Also, any objections to letting the API calls accept either IDs or
> slugs, distinguishing based on numeric vs. string data?

Sounds good...by coincidence I'm in the middle of working in the api
as well, but can't commit at the moment due to cvs.h.o being down at
the moment. Just so we don't step on each other's changes - I'm
changing the getRecentImage api call so it returns an array of hashes
instead of Ansel_Image objects to be consistent with the listImages
call - not to mention there are lots of things that wouldn't work
properly if methods were called from outside ansel's scope).

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)