[ansel] General question

Jan Seynaeve jan.seynaeve at telenet.be
Tue Nov 17 15:29:05 UTC 2009

Wow, that's a whole bunch of reply, thx.

Some remarks back ;-)

i don't think it's that impossible for using the FTP-folder (or any
local folder) for the original pic. I'm sure Ansel makes a lot of
other stuff out of the original (thumb, view for the page, ...). In
fact, if i look at my VFS (which i put to disk), for each photo you
have directories faces/full/mini/screen/thumb. You could replace the
pic under 'full' by a link to the original one in the FTP folder and
of course make the others as usual. I can imagine this approach would
be a bit harder if VFS is set to SQL, but i don't think it's impossible

i will surely check out the 'recursive_import.php', this is just what
one would need to import pics from an ftp folder without keeping the
ftp folder for the original. One could just make that script available
trough the GUI of ansel ... i might even have a look at it, although i
have only limited knowledge about the horde structure, it should be
interesting learning a bit more about it ;-)

WebDAV indeed could also be interesting, must have a look how that one
works ...

Cheers,
Jan.

PS.: any idea when horde4 will be released? I'd like to try it, but
i'm not so into GIT for the moment :)