[ansel] Permissions questions

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Apr 25 15:05:00 UTC 2010

Quoting Josh Endries <josh at endries.org>:

> Hello,
>
> Ansel is great, I'm using the API from other parts of my site to
> show my images and it works really well--good work!

Great! Glad you like it, and good to know someone else who is using the API...

> I have a question about permissions. Is there any way to delegate or
> share control of a gallery with another user? As far as I can tell
> there is only an "owner" setting. I can change that to the other
> user within the DB, but was first wondering if there is a way to
> have both myself and them able to add/edit/etc. pictures in the
> gallery.

You *should* be able to give any other user/group the ability to
add/edit galleries. While viewing the gallery, there is a link for
gallery permissions in the Gallery Actions widget on the top right
hand side of the gallery view. That should open a permissions window,
where you can edit that gallery's permissions. If giving another user
Add/Edit/Delete permissions doesn't allow you to do what you want,
please enter a bug report at bugs.horde.org.

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein