[ansel] Disable Options in TOP Menu and Comment for Images

Helmut Schiefer Helmut at 4Schiefer.de
Mon Apr 26 14:20:15 UTC 2010

Hello Mike,

thanks for your direct reply.

For 1) works as  described -> great!
For 2) I've set the rights to all, don't work. On the gallery, User
see Comment and can click on it. But there isn't a way to enter a
comment. Maybe a problem with my agora permissions? I set this to
Forums->Forums->Photos: Show,Read,Edit for Guest.

Thanks for help.

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting Helmut Schiefer <Helmut at 4Schiefer.de>:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I include some galleries in an external Website via API. I set the
>> permissions for the galleries to guest and all work well.
>>
>> Now my question for some points, I also do a google search but I
>> doesn't find a solution.
>> 1) If anybody click on a gallery he got the gallery and also the
>> top Navigation Bar with "My Galleries, Problem, Log In, Options
>> ...". I want to disable the Option Icon and the functionality to
>> set Prefs for Guest. Is there any idea who I can disable this
>> functionality
>
> First off, I am assuming you are talking about when viewing Ansel
> galleries from within horde, not your external website, since you
> shouldn't be seeing the menu when using the API.
>
> To stop the Options link from showing for guests, you need to
> configure it to show only for authenticated users. This is done in
> the main Horde configuration. Admin->Setup->Horde->Menu
>
>> 2) Comments on Picture. For Login user I enable the possibility to
>> put comments to the picture - great and work. All Guest user see
>> also the Comment Link, but they can't comment the images. Is there
>> a way to grant guest users the necessary right to comment images?
>
> You need to allow guests to enter comments in the Ansel
> configuration. Admin->Setup->Photos(Ansel)->Photo Comments.
>
> --
> Mike
>
> --
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org
>
> "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein

Best Regards
Helmut Schiefer