[ansel] Disable Options in TOP Menu and Comment for Images

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Apr 26 13:09:38 UTC 2010

Quoting Helmut Schiefer <Helmut at 4Schiefer.de>:

> Dear all,
>
> I include some galleries in an external Website via API. I set the
> permissions for the galleries to guest and all work well.
>
> Now my question for some points, I also do a google search but I
> doesn't find a solution.
> 1) If anybody click on a gallery he got the gallery and also the top
> Navigation Bar with "My Galleries, Problem, Log In, Options ...". I
> want to disable the Option Icon and the functionality to set Prefs
> for Guest. Is there any idea who I can disable this functionality

First off, I am assuming you are talking about when viewing Ansel
galleries from within horde, not your external website, since you
shouldn't be seeing the menu when using the API.

To stop the Options link from showing for guests, you need to
configure it to show only for authenticated users. This is done in the
main Horde configuration. Admin->Setup->Horde->Menu

> 2) Comments on Picture. For Login user I enable the possibility to
> put comments to the picture - great and work. All Guest user see
> also the Comment Link, but they can't comment the images. Is there a
> way to grant guest users the necessary right to comment images?

You need to allow guests to enter comments in the Ansel configuration.
Admin->Setup->Photos(Ansel)->Photo Comments.

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein