[ansel] Permissions questions

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 14:47:47 UTC 2010

On 4/25/2010 11:05 AM, Michael Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Josh Endries <josh at endries.org>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Ansel is great, I'm using the API from other parts of my site to show
>> my images and it works really well--good work!
>
> Great! Glad you like it, and good to know someone else who is using
> the API...
>
>> I have a question about permissions. Is there any way to delegate or
>> share control of a gallery with another user? As far as I can tell
>> there is only an "owner" setting. I can change that to the other user
>> within the DB, but was first wondering if there is a way to have both
>> myself and them able to add/edit/etc. pictures in the gallery.
>
> You *should* be able to give any other user/group the ability to
> add/edit galleries. While viewing the gallery, there is a link for
> gallery permissions in the Gallery Actions widget on the top right
> hand side of the gallery view. That should open a permissions window,
> where you can edit that gallery's permissions. If giving another user
> Add/Edit/Delete permissions doesn't allow you to do what you want,
> please enter a bug report at bugs.horde.org.

Strangely the set permission option was not showing for my non-admin
users.  I created a group and added users to it and gave them complete
permissions for ansel.  That did not seem to help.  Now one of the three
users in the group can access "download as zip" and other options for
another user's gallery but the user who created the gallery does not
have those options.  A third member of the group does not have any of
the extended options. I am using the sql backend for groups.  Any tips
or advice would be appreciated.  I am using ansel H3 1.1.2.

--

gimili