[ansel] Permissions questions

Michael J.Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Nov 18 16:16:28 UTC 2010

Quoting gimili <gimili17 at gmail.com>:

> On 4/25/2010 11:05 AM, Michael Rubinsky wrote:
>>
>> Quoting Josh Endries <josh at endries.org>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Ansel is great, I'm using the API from other parts of my site to
>>> show my images and it works really well--good work!
>>
>> Great! Glad you like it, and good to know someone else who is using
>> the API...
>>
>>> I have a question about permissions. Is there any way to delegate
>>> or share control of a gallery with another user? As far as I can
>>> tell there is only an "owner" setting. I can change that to the
>>> other user within the DB, but was first wondering if there is a
>>> way to have both myself and them able to add/edit/etc. pictures in
>>> the gallery.
>>
>> You *should* be able to give any other user/group the ability to
>> add/edit galleries. While viewing the gallery, there is a link for
>> gallery permissions in the Gallery Actions widget on the top right
>> hand side of the gallery view. That should open a permissions
>> window, where you can edit that gallery's permissions. If giving
>> another user Add/Edit/Delete permissions doesn't allow you to do
>> what you want, please enter a bug report at bugs.horde.org.
>>
> Strangely the set permission option was not showing for my non-admin users.

Only the gallery owner (and admin users) are able to edit gallery
permissions. If I log in as a non-admin user, and look at my own
galleries, I see the link with no issues.

I created a group and added users to it and gave them
> complete permissions for ansel.  That did not seem to help.  Now one
> of the three users in the group can access "download as zip" and
> other options for another user's gallery but the user who created
> the gallery does not have those options.

Sounds like maybe the permissions got corrupted somehow? I'm not seeing this.

--mike

The Horde Project
http://www.horde.org