[ansel] File size error

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Oct 27 14:19:03 UTC 2011

Quoting Michael Joswig <michael at joswig-altengamme.de>:

> Hello,
>
> I had the same problem. Are you storing the pictures in your
> Database? Seems like it's the default.

The default for Ansel is to use the same settings for the Virtual File
System (VFS) that you configured Horde to use. So, if Horde uses SQL,
then Ansel would by default. You can, of course, overide this in
Ansel's config.

> Either you store the pics somewhere else or you change MySQL to
> accept larger packets (There is a setting in my.conf called
> "max_allowed_packet". That value should be larger than the size of
> your pic).

While these settings would indeed affect large image storge when using
SQL, the pop-up the original poster is getting is coming directly from
the uploader, before the image is even sent to the server. See Bug:
10641