[ansel] Ansel and Owncloud

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Aug 22 04:08:57 UTC 2013

Quoting Ryu <ryu at ryux.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> Let me explain my issue.
> I have an Horde installation with Imp, Turba, etc... and Ansel
> running on my server.
> I have also an Owncloud running on the same server. It is useful to
> store all my files, like documents, music and photos.
>
> But I don't want to replicate data from owncloud to ansel. (> 100GB).
>
> In future, is it planned to create a communication between this 2
> systems ? (maybe across a Dav share ?)
> Or do you see a workaround to access to my images with Ansel,
> knowing they are stored in the owncloud directory ? (Imported within
> Owncloud)
>
> Thanks for your help

So, you want to use Ansel to browse the photos that already exist on
Owncloud? That is currently not possible, since Ansel would need to
know about the image in it's database structure.

That being said, I had done some hacking in the past that connected
Ansel to other external media sites like Vimeo. The intention was to
turn that into a more general "external" gallery type that could be
easily extended. Some data on each image might still need to be loaded
into the database, and the various thumbnails would still be generated
and stored locally.

You could create a ticket for it so the idea doesn't get lost, but no
promises when it would be looked at - time limits and other more
pertinent projects always seem to come up.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org