[board] Fwd: [horde] Horde projects and proposals resource

Duck duck at obala.net
Fri Apr 18 09:07:59 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 16 of April 2008 23:48:03 Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
> > 1. I guess that in the  Horde Projects and Proposals we should add
> > incubator projects.
>
> Yes, please do!

I added the eight I am involved in.

> > 2. It will be nice to see pages like this integrated on the main site. As
> > you can see, a lot of projects uses web interface like trac, google
> > code... that integates all project content. We have www.horde.org,
> > dev.horde.org, wiki.horde.org... especially with no link backs. I mean
> > someone who gets in touch with horde for the first time will never know
> > that he must go to wiki to see our ideas. I guess that the Reflactor will
> > help us here a lot.
>
> This is a good point. We've talked about unifying parts of the website
> for a while now. I think it's a good time to start thinking about a
> completely unified www.horde.org, folding in dev.horde.org,
> wiki.horde.org, and bugs.horde.org. (cvs.horde.org can stay separate
> safely imo).
>
> This will mean:
> - no website mirrors for now. we can get back to this, but we'll need
> to figure out how to mirror the data too
> - a full redesign. I'm interested in putting some money into this from
> the general bounty pool and/or from other sponsors.
> - lots of work. I have some notes on paper and a task on my todo list
> to keep working on it. I'll try and post here, and in the dogfood
> spirit, I'll try and use wiki.horde.org/Projects to organize/document
> the plan.

I will wait to see your notes. Then I will try to think about mine ideas.

> > 3. In the open end resoved ticket we should distinguish if the
> > ticket is a bug or enhancement.
>
> Not sure I understand this point.

On the modules presentation on www.horde.org we have the Open and Resolved
Tickets box. In thise boxes there are listed bugs and enhacment request
together. Maybe it should be better to list feature request separatly, so
potential users see where the module will possibly enlarge its functionalty in
feature. And the "bug" list will be smaller :)

Duck