[board] Fwd: [horde] Horde projects and proposals resource

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Apr 16 21:48:03 UTC 2008

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> 1. I guess that in the  Horde Projects and Proposals we should add incubator
> projects.

Yes, please do!

> 2. It will be nice to see pages like this integrated on the main site. As you
> can see, a lot of projects uses web interface like trac, google code... that
> integates all project content. We have www.horde.org,  dev.horde.org,
> wiki.horde.org... especially with no link backs. I mean someone who gets in
> touch with horde for the first time will never know that he must go
> to wiki to see our ideas. I guess that the Reflactor will help us
> here a lot.

This is a good point. We've talked about unifying parts of the website
for a while now. I think it's a good time to start thinking about a
completely unified www.horde.org, folding in dev.horde.org,
wiki.horde.org, and bugs.horde.org. (cvs.horde.org can stay separate
safely imo).

This will mean:
- no website mirrors for now. we can get back to this, but we'll need
to figure out how to mirror the data too
- a full redesign. I'm interested in putting some money into this from
the general bounty pool and/or from other sponsors.
- lots of work. I have some notes on paper and a task on my todo list
to keep working on it. I'll try and post here, and in the dogfood
spirit, I'll try and use wiki.horde.org/Projects to organize/document
the plan.

> 3. In the open end resoved ticket we should distinguish if the
> ticket is a bug or enhancement.

Not sure I understand this point.

-chuck

--
"I have concerns that we are not behaving like a mature, responsible,
collection of interdependent organisms." - Rick O.