[board] Welcome to the Horde Advisory Board (beta)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jan 11 04:13:04 UTC 2008

Hello Horde developers and community members-

This message is what I hope will be the beginning of a more active
community and user role in guiding the Horde Project in our
development decisions, releases, and general web presence and existence.

The idea for the advisory board is to create a smaller community where
Horde developers and users can communicate and to try to make sure
that the community is getting what it needs from Horde, and that we as
developers are getting what we can from the community.

I do not intend to set up a bureaucracy or a cabal of any sort; this
list is publicly advertised on lists.horde.org, although subscriptions
are moderated. I want to make sure that large and innovative users of
Horde have a forum to have their concerns Horde, and I am hoping that
some of those larger users, given a more direct say and a bit of a
prompt, will be able to contribute more back to the project in terms
of development help, documentation help, design help, community
involvement, and just helping us make the right decisions.

The people on this list currently are:
- everyone who currently has CVS commit access to any part of Horde
- representatives of several large hosting companies who use Horde
- representatives of several universities who use Horde

If you are not interested in this, then please just let me know and/or
unsubscribe yourself from the list. If you think someone else at your
organization would be better suited then please let me know or
encourage them to sign up for the list at
http://lists.horde.org/mailman/listinfo/board. If you know of someone
outside your organization that you think would be a good voice here,
then similarly, please let me know or encourage them to sign up. We
especially would like to have more input from corporate/business users
of Horde. And if you would rather just lurk for now that's fine also;
I don't think this will be a very high traffic forum.

If you _are_ interested, however, and want to de-lurk, then please
introduce yourself to the list, and let us know what you think of this
idea.

I imagine a good first focus would be the upcoming Horde 3.2 releases
and getting together a more solid roadmap for releases beyond that,
but I also hope that some of you will surprise me with other topics.

Regards,
-chuck