[board] Welcome to the Horde Advisory Board (beta)

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Wed Jan 16 16:09:34 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008, at 11:13 PM, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> The idea for the advisory board is to create a smaller community where
> Horde developers and users can communicate and to try to make sure
> that the community is getting what it needs from Horde, and that we as
> developers are getting what we can from the community.

In my opinion perhaps the best way to achieve this goal is to give
the Horde Board a bit more structure.  While this mailing list can be
a very effective tool, without some kind of mandate I believe this
will turn into something that overlaps with horde-dev.  I propose
that the Horde Board have some kind of regular real-time meeting.
This meeting might be done via a telephone conference bridge or via
IRC.  At this meeting there should be a short agenda so the
conversation can be focused around topics the board members find most
relevant.  Please note that I do not want to over-structure this, but
giving it a framework and a mission I think will help realize Chuck's
stated goals.

To this end my company is willing to offer free use of our conference
bridge, accessible via the normal telephone network and VoIP
connections.  If we elect to use telephone for our regular meetings I
think once per quarter is an appropriate schedule.  If instead we use
IRC (or similar) then perhaps monthly is reasonable.

I welcome your feedback and I look forward to working with the Horde
Board in the future to drive the direction of this excellent project.

/BAK/
--
Ben Klang
Alkaloid Networks LLC