[Tickets #11814] Re: ActiveSync problem

bugs at horde.org bugs at horde.org
Fri Dec 7 16:38:22 UTC 2012


Ticket URL: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/11814
  Ticket             | 11814
  Updated By         | leena.heino at uta.fi
  Summary            | ActiveSync problem
  Queue              | Horde Framework Packages
  Version            | Git master
  Type               | Bug
  State              | No Feedback
  Priority           | 1. Low
  Milestone          |
  Patch              |
  Owners             | Michael Rubinsky

leena.heino at uta.fi (2012-12-07 16:38) wrote:

>>>>> Is there any way to force device to do full sync so that device
>>>>> clears its calendar and any caches it might use in the server and
>>>>> syncs all the calendar entries it can.
>>>> Yes. Either recreate the account on the device, or remove the device
>>>> from Horde using either the user's ActiveSync devices prefs or the
>>>> administrative ActiveSync device page.
>>> I removed the working iOS 6.0.1 device from Horde's ActiveSync panel
>>> and forcing it to do full sync. Now that device also syncs only those
>>> two entries. Just like the iOS device that broke earlier. Even the
>>> sync log is the same only difference is device id.
>>> Also the N8 that seemed to work does not work anymore. The device
>>> only shows errors about not being able to contact Exchange server. I
>>> attached the sync log.
>> The N8 and iOS devices log in problems might be because of bug 11832.
>> The problems of syncing calendar entries still exists with iOS.
>> Reprovisioning only seems to produce log with those same two entries.
>> Even if calendar entries on the server have changed and new entries
>> have been added.
> I tested the ActiveSync with Windows Phone 8 device. It works  
> exactly the same way as iOS 6 devices:
> email sync works, contacs sync works, calendar sync only sync those  
> same two entries as if nothing else exists in kronolith.

This issue seems to have fixed itself. I have multiple calendars for  
various testing or group calendar purposes. For some reason Kronolith  
changed the default calendar to the one that contained only those two  

Once I changed default calendar in Kronolith back to the calendar I  
use daily then all the calendar entries showed up in the devices.

If for some reason this happens to someone else:
1. Check from the Kronolith settings that default calendar setting is  
the primary calendar you use
2. If necessary change the default calendar entry
3. Force reprovisioning or full sync of the device by removing device  
entry from ActiveSync Device Administration

More information about the bugs mailing list