[chora] Repository Search

Dan Wilson dan@acucore.com
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 01:07:46 -0600

When are we going to see some of this functionality in the cvs?  I really
like the PHP syntax highlighting.  I could add the code myself, but it would
be so much easier to just pull it down through the cvs.

I like the search as well!  I don't know how much I would use it myself, but
on a big project with several developers, it would be very handy.

-Dan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Todd Kirby" <kirbyt@yahoo.com>
To: <chora@lists.horde.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2001 12:34 AM
Subject: [chora] Repository Search

: I hacked up a search util for chora. It's pretty basic
: at this point, but it runs pretty fast on my 400mhz
: Celeron.  Check it out at.
:
: http://64.164.69.92/chora/cvs.php
:
: Enter a search string in the search bar and click
: 'search'. It will come back with a list of
: files/revisions that contain the string. Then if you
: click on the magnifying glass icon next to a match it
: will open a window showing that file with all of the
: matches highlighted.
:
: Let me know if this seems useful and i'll clean it up
: and submit it.
:
: -Todd Kirby
: Programmer
: Walt Disney
:
: --- Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org> wrote:
: > > I made a change to checkout.php to enable PHP
: > syntax
: > > highlighting.
: >
: > Thanks - this is the exact general functionality I'm
: > building at the moment,
: > but it can also use enscript, wv, astyle, etc to do
: > the rendering also.
: > Still, if you have any other patches, keep them
: > coming! :)  One feature I'd
: > love to see is searching within an RCS file
: > (unfortunately, since CVS
: > doesn't maintain inter-file information, a general
: > search would require a
: > database or some other storage).
: >
: > Anil
: >
: >
: > --
: > Chora mailing list: http://horde.org/chora/
: > Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/
: > To unsubscribe, mail:
: >
:
:
: =====
: "Blinky lights are the essence of technology. Everything
: else is fluff."
:
: Do You Yahoo!?
: Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail.
: http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
:
: --