Repository Search

Todd Kirby kirbyt@yahoo.com
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 23:34:50 -0700 (PDT)

I hacked up a search util for chora. It's pretty basic
at this point, but it runs pretty fast on my 400mhz
Celeron.  Check it out at.

http://64.164.69.92/chora/cvs.php

Enter a search string in the search bar and click
'search'. It will come back with a list of
files/revisions that contain the string. Then if you
click on the magnifying glass icon next to a match it
will open a window showing that file with all of the
matches highlighted.

Let me know if this seems useful and i'll clean it up
and submit it.

-Todd Kirby
Programmer
Walt Disney

--- Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org> wrote:
> > I made a change to checkout.php to enable PHP
> syntax
> > highlighting.
>
> Thanks - this is the exact general functionality I'm
> building at the moment,
> but it can also use enscript, wv, astyle, etc to do
> the rendering also.
> Still, if you have any other patches, keep them
> coming! :)  One feature I'd
> love to see is searching within an RCS file
> (unfortunately, since CVS
> doesn't maintain inter-file information, a general
> search would require a
> database or some other storage).
>
> Anil

=====
"Blinky lights are the essence of technology. Everything
else is fluff."