Horde Login Error

Aaron Carlson acarlson@once.com
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 10:53:37 -0700

I am having a problem logging into Horde.  I am using imap as authentication
(to an exchange IMAP server) and on the exchange end the authentication is
working successfully.  What happens is I get an error window in the browser
saying 'http://myurl/horde/login.php' "Connection closed by remote server".
?  Here is what my horde.php looks like:

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';

$conf['auth']['params'] = array();
$conf['auth']['params']['server'] = 'exchange.server';
$conf['auth']['params']['protocol'] = 'imap';
$conf['auth']['params']['port'] = 143;

...and the user prefs driver...

$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';

$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = '********';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '********';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

...and cached syle sheets is off...

$conf['css']['cached'] = false;

It seems like it might be trying to redirect to another page unsuccessfully,
or that Horde is just dying.  Any suggestions?  I had imap auth for horde
login working on a different server last week, but now I am having these
problems.  I am using the latest CVS of horde, imp, etc. as of this email.

On another note, I added the turba address book icon to the IMP menu and
when a user logs into imp (and not horde) and then attempts to do an 'expand
names', or access the address book they must login again.  Is there a way to
do the authentication/login once?

-Aaron