[luxor] Re: [chora] luxor / chora

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 04:12:16 +0100

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 04:51:19AM +0200, Cynic wrote:

> So, we must know revision number of all files at the moment foo.php
> 1.1 was checked in. Otherwise you'll be sliding along the revisions,
> and won't be able to browse a "snapshot" of the repository.

You could munge it, and add 5 seconds to the checkout time from
the first commit.  Ugly, but that would catch the majority of cases.

afaik, the mozilla stuff solves this problem by requiring
precommit scripts which feed into a database ... CVS provides
no clean way to solve this problem, as it maintains no metadata
between individual RCS files.

> AFAIK this will be a nonissue with Subversion which has different
> concept of revision numbers, and atomic commits.

Yup ... and Perforce.

Anil