[chora] Development

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:58:30 -0400

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 04:49:44PM -0400, Brent Charbonneau wrote:

> Well, I sent out a message a week or two ago, about adding 'upload/checkin'
> support.

Well, there are obviously other people here than the few of us
that are developers, and I let that message go by without a reply
in hopes that there would be some general discussion first.

Anyway, I don't have any use for that kind of interface.  There
may also be implementation issues involved.  For example,
consider the fact that the web server process is going to own the
checkin (unless we place user ID games).

It's an interesting idea, but I don't know how practical it
really is.

As a side note, Perforce has their P4Web utility that basically
does what you suggest, but it's a complete daemon process.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (B.S.)