Adding new language types for enscript

Ahmed Shihab ashihab@alcahest.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:05:17 +0000

Hi,

I've been trying to get syntax coloring to work with the VHDL
language (file extension .vhd) I've been successful at adding the
extension to the list but have run into the following problems:

1. the enscript driver (/lib/MIME/Viewer/enscript.php) calls enscript
with the option "-Ec" which presumes the language to be 'C'.

2. I changed the line to read '-E' which allows enscript to work out
the language from the file extension. However, enscript.php creates
temp files it does not create an extension to the file, which means
enscript does not colour the output at all.

This is as far as I got without known anything about PHP.

Any suggestions on how I can add another extension for syntax
colouring in Chora? Ideally we can extract the type from the file
extension and pass that to enscript, either through the temp file
extension or explicitly via -E option?

I've tried looking in the FAQ/Archive but have come back with
nothing, any pointers will be appreciated.

BTW: using HORDE 2.0-cvs, Chora 2.0-cvs

Ahmed...