[chora] rb/wb file modes

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Sat, 4 May 2002 00:46:45 +0200

I have problems with some of the recently introduced "rb" and "wb" file
modes in the popen() calls. I get an "invalid argument" warning from these
calls and no file pointer gets returned.

Interesting enough this message is in German, that means it probably
doesn't come from PHP but from the system. I don't know why these arguments
cause problems because they are stated as harmful for *nix system in the
manual but perhaps something changed here with the introduction of streams
in the latest php code.

Does anybody else see these errors on a Linux system?

Jan.