[chora] restricting access to CVS by login

Sheldon Paul Andrews v89spa@morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Thu, 30 May 2002 09:57:02 -0230 (NDT)

I want to restrict access to CVS modules by user.  (ie, 'cvsuser1' has
access to 'cvsmodule1', and not 'cvsmodule2' or 'cvsmodule3').  Users with
permission should be able to view the repository, whereas those without
should not be able to access the module at all (including listing its
contents).

Currently, I am accomplishing this by using UNIX user permissions. Those
dirs I want to have restricted access are chmod'd 750.  However, Chora
doesn't seem to like showing my CVS repository at all unless the module
directories are chmod'd 755.

Any help?  I am unfamiliar with the 'cvsusers' file and I don't believe
that the 'restrictions' option in the configuration files will accomplish
what I want.

Cheers.

--
Sheldon