[chora] restricting access to CVS by login

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 23:29:40 -0400

Quoting Sheldon Paul Andrews <v89spa@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>:

> Currently, I am accomplishing this by using UNIX user permissions. Those
> dirs I want to have restricted access are chmod'd 750.  However, Chora
> doesn't seem to like showing my CVS repository at all unless the module
> directories are chmod'd 755.

Chora looks at the repository as the unix user that your web server runs
as, so that user needs to be able to read the repository. Otherwise, if
the 'restrictions' option won't do what you need, Chora doesn't currently
offer anything else. We're certainly looking at implementing other types of
access control, though.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in