[chora] chora image diff

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:16:15 -0400

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> I was kind of hoping for more than that... :) Examples of types that
> might be reasonable (and fairly easy) to implement?  Binary files that
> appear often in Horde might be a good goal, but I'm not sure what there
> are except for images and .mo files, and it doesn't seem too realistic to
> do .mo files...

The .mo files are just generated from the .po's, so that doesn't seem so
useful. To be honest, I didn't say any more specifics because none really
came to mind. Diffing MS formats would be great, but we'd probably want an
external utility to do that for us. Diffing the file listing of a tarball
might be useful (and I'd really like to see if those drivers can be made
non-app-specific - Gollem could use them too). Not sure what you meant
about directories?

> Anyway, I'll start with images, and see where it goes from there...

Cool.

> Okay, seems like it should stay in diff.php then.  (I really thought you
> were going to say to move it to CVSLib though, so it is a good thing I
> asked).

Wherever it can be re-used... Glad to see I'm not _entirely_ predictable. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>