[chora] Newbie: changing URL to cvs.domain.tld - problems

Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:12:33 -0500

Quoting Simon 4sol <Simon.Hamilton@4sol.com>:

> Could someone briefly
> explain what I need to change in httpd.conf and
> horde/config/registry.php to make cvs.domain.tld direct straight to
> Chora.

Set your DocumentRoot to point at /horde/chora and make an aliases for horde
and chora so it will still work such as:

   Alias /horde/ /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/
   Alias /chora/ /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/chora/
   DocumentRoot  /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/chora/

Then edit registry.php to change the chora stanza.  You will change chora's
webroot to /chora such as:

   'webroot' => '/chora',

(That's in the chora stanza of registry.php).

Finally, you will need to change your cookie path.  See the mailing list for
this as the location has changed in various versions, and I'm not sure what
version you have.  In older versions, you specify cookie path in registry.php.
In newer versions, it is in horde/config/conf.php or horde/config/horde.php
and would be something like: $conf['cookie']['path'] = '/';

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

"Can you hear me now? ... Good!"