[chora] Chora with CVSgraph? and/or Subversion?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Dec 23 11:23:41 PST 2002

Quoting Tim <tim@connectlive.com>:

> Am I setting myself up for a disaster if I try to use the hacked Chora
> version that works with Subversion on a large project?  I have had
> severe problems with large, automatic, recursive CVS checkins (I like
> versioned backups of EVERYTHING -- websites, databases, EVERYTHING) and
> am hoping that Svn will alleviate, rather than aggravate, that.

To be honest, I don't know. I'd really like to get these patches integrated
into CVS so that things can be worked out, cleaned up, etc. I don't have
the code right now, though; Anil, did you ever get this? Or is the person
who posted those patches still on the list?

I don't have a subversion repository at the moment, but I could create a
small one once we had the code integrated and would be happy to help
maintain and merge things into a uniform API.

> Any experiences from Chora users or developers who use Subversion?
> Initially I will do a test deployment, but once it stabilizes, I would
> be moving some pretty large codebases over.  It would also be nice for
> the community site, if I could figure out how to make CVSgraph work with
> Svn and Chora, though that's a less pressing matter.  Likewise,
> integrating LXR or PHPXref with Chora would be 'rad', if I could figure
> out how to do it from cron or somewhere else I didn't have to work at.

I'm not familiar with CVSGraph or PHPXref; I'll try and look at those at
some point. I do have a copy of phLXR that I'd like to try integrating with
Chora at some point (from sourceforge - the author at one point was
interested in integration into Horde).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."