[chora] login problems

Marc Lanctot marc.lanctot at mail.mcgill.ca
Sat Dec 28 05:01:15 PST 2002

Hello everyone,

I'd like to use Chora. I have a CVS server installed on the same machine
as my web server. My CVSROOT directory is in /cvs. I have 3 users that
are in a group called cvs that can access the cvs server without any
problems.

I followed the installation instructions, and spent the majority of
today trying to install Horde and Chora. After re-installing php many
times, the Horde test.php script now works and is giving good results.
If I go to http://myserver/horde/ I get the login page.

I installed Chora inside a subdirectory of horde, I try loading cvs.php,
and it brings me to the login page.

The problem is that I have no idea what to put as username & password.
Is there a "user base" config file I must edit? I've tried ALL the cvs
(machine) usernames and their passwords, and the root uname & pwd. I
even tried it with bogus usernames & passwords. Every time I enter it
in, a new login page is loaded with absolutely no error message; just
nothing happens except the password field is cleared, as if it's
bringingme back to the login page. The same thing happens when I go
Horde's index.php. So, I can't get in.

I cannot find anything about users (unless it has to do with mySQL users
or IMP users which I'm both not interested in) in the installation
instructions.. can anywone give me a hand?

Thanks,
Marc