[chora] about chora having to be in horde directory

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Feb 17 15:47:59 PST 2003

Quoting greg_greg at freestart.hu:

> Well, when i said "had to be in a subdir of horde", i meant -"without
> hacking elsewhere than config files" ;-)
> Maybe I'm missing some point, but I thought it would be way simpler to
> have once in chora and each other app's config file a path to the horde
> stuff, and in horde, as it is, have paths to the different applications...

Horde takes care of loading config files. There are good reasons for this,
but it means that an app has to find Horde before its config files are loaded.

> I agree, but I don't see why it's so "complicated" (not that it is
> *complicated* but it could be more centralized).
> (see my previous "suggestions")

Because of the above.

If you want to continue this discussion, please do it on the dev list -
dev at lists.horde.org.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>