[chora] Diffs aren't shown

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Apr 18 15:46:48 PDT 2003

Zitat von Alexander Skwar <lists.ASkwar at email-server.info>:

> Jan Schneider wrote:
>
> > It does: Horde::getTempDir()
> > I just wanted to ask you, why you don't want to use that but pass the
> tmp
> > dir around as a parameter. ;-)
>
> Ah, okay.  The  attached patch now uses getTempDir().
>
> However, that's not what I meant.  It's still necessary to do
>
> 	putenv('TMPDIR=' . Horde::getTempDir())
>
> at the right spot.
>
> I meant, that Horde should do this; maybe in horde/lib/base.php, so that
> TMPDIR (the environment variable) is set to a "sane" value throughout
> all of Horde.

Alright, now I understand the issue. But that wouldn't work because
getTempDir() itself relies on TMPDIR being set correctly under certain
circumstances. That would create a circular reference.

The correct solution would be to set the correct TMPDIR variable for the
user that's running your webserver. That's nothing that should be solved in
Horde.

Jan.