[chora] Diffs aren't shown

Alexander Skwar lists.ASkwar at email-server.info
Fri Apr 18 20:40:56 PDT 2003

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Alright, now I understand the issue. But that wouldn't work because
> getTempDir() itself relies on TMPDIR being set correctly under certain
> circumstances. That would create a circular reference.
>
> The correct solution would be to set the correct TMPDIR variable for the
> user that's running your webserver. That's nothing that should be solved in
> Horde.

Well, I disagree.  Of course getTempDir should NOT set the environment
variable.  It might be set in horde/lib/base.php.

The reason why I think so, is because the name of the configuration
variable 'tmpdir' made me think that this is used for all temporary
files.  And in the case we're discussing here, it's not used, because
the TMPDIR environment variable hasn't been set to the value specified
in the configuration.

Any yes, I think that this is something that should be solved in horde.
 There might be reasons for specifying a different TMPDIR just for
Horde.  Maybe, because the admin knows that the TMPDIR environment
variable is no good...  And since the fix is so easy and also makes the
system more consistent, I'd really think that this should be fixed ;)

Alexander Skwar
--
panic("aha1740.c"); /* Goodbye */
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/aha1740.c