[chora] Workarounds for non-local cvsroot?

Ryan Gallagher ryan at studiesabroad.com
Tue May 27 22:47:47 PDT 2003

Has anyone set chora up to point to a non-local cvsroot?

The target cvsroot in question is not directly accessable via nfs (etc) from the
webserving box.  I do not have privs to set this connection up.

I'm wondering if anyone has set up some sort of nightly mirror to facilitate
chora displaying a, albeit slightly delayed, cvs repository from another box.

I would need an approach that doesn't entail the creation of a local cvs
repository.  I was hoping maybe a method to point chora to a static version of
the cvs files.

Or better, a way to point chora over the network with ssh to an anonymous pserver ??

If you are wondering the scenario, i'm trying to spruce up my sourceforge
project's cvsweb. ;-)

Any help would be appreciated.

Aside: If you want to know how to set horde up without gettext (provided you can
live with just the index language), i've done that.  And it only required about
15 lines of rather silly new code. ;-)

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan(at)studiesabroad.com