[chora] Workarounds for non-local cvsroot?

Ryan Gallagher ryan at studiesabroad.com
Wed May 28 01:16:50 PDT 2003

Quoting Ryan Gallagher <ryan at studiesabroad.com>:

> Has anyone set chora up to point to a non-local cvsroot?
>
> The target cvsroot in question is not directly accessable via nfs (etc) from
> the
> webserving box.  I do not have privs to set this connection up.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has set up some sort of nightly mirror to facilitate
> chora displaying a, albeit slightly delayed, cvs repository from another
> box.
>
> I would need an approach that doesn't entail the creation of a local cvs
> repository.  I was hoping maybe a method to point chora to a static version
> of
> the cvs files.
>
> Or better, a way to point chora over the network with ssh to an anonymous
> pserver ??
>
> If you are wondering the scenario, i'm trying to spruce up my sourceforge
> project's cvsweb. ;-)
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Aside: If you want to know how to set horde up without gettext (provided you
> can
> live with just the index language), i've done that.  And it only required
> about
> 15 lines of rather silly new code. ;-)

I love answering my own questions...

FYI. The sourceforge CVS nightly tarball was exactly what i needed.  This is a
full repository backup and all i had to do was extract it somewhere and point
chora at it.  woopee.

So if anyone wants to get horde/chora running on SF, send me a inquiry if you
need guidence.  Considering SF hasn't replied to my gettext request i think my
kludge of a workaround is going to have to suffice for now.

I plan on rolling out horde for a simple "admin/developer only" interface with
skeletonized horde modules to wrap useful project resource such as the
phpmyadmin inteface, and content management stuff.

Horde team, would be nice if there was a config option to turn off
gettext/internationalization.  Hate to do it but sometimes english is good
enough when left with no alternative.

Now i just need to add their logo to the footers so i'm in "compliance" with the
rules.

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan(at)studiesabroad.com