[chora] Workarounds for non-local cvsroot?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed May 28 11:58:11 PDT 2003

Quoting Ryan Gallagher <ryan at studiesabroad.com>:

> Has anyone set chora up to point to a non-local cvsroot?

Not that I know of.  I tried to, but gave up and just nfs mounted the
repository.

> I'm wondering if anyone has set up some sort of nightly mirror to facilitate
> chora displaying a, albeit slightly delayed, cvs repository from another box.

Nope.  But that could work if you don't need to be up to the minute.  Just
a cron-based (uni-directional) rsync would work, for example.

> Aside: If you want to know how to set horde up without gettext (provided you
> can
> live with just the index language), i've done that.  And it only required
> about
> 15 lines of rather silly new code. ;-)

I've only had one request for this ever, so it doesn't seem to be a common
request.  But I wouldn't mind seeing your solution anyway.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!