[chora] module based branching viewer

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Sep 15 15:54:14 PDT 2003

Zitat von MckeehanM at schneider.com:

> We are beginning to evaluate chora for our web based CVS viewer.  We are
> mainly interested in the branch view capability.   One twist we are
> searching for is the ability to view branch information at the module
> level.  We always create branches and tags at the module level, using
> eclipse, never at an individual file level.  Is is possible to to extend
> the branch view capability to display cvs modules?  I realize that CVS by
> nature only works at the file level, but I am hoping that based on the
> assumption that we always branch and tag at the module level that a
> viewer
> could be written to display the branching and version information at the
> module level.

While this would be a nice addition that already has been requested before,
this has to be thought through. My biggest concern is the performance hit.
As you already said, CVS is doing branching on the file level, so we need
to investigate each file in a directory to create branch views of
directories (This is actually what we want to have because branch views on
the module level can't be visualized other than on a directory basis).

Jan.