[chora] Re: Chora not seeing files

Jay j.javed at sherara.com
Mon May 17 12:16:09 PDT 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
 > This was fixed a while ago. Perhaps not in your version, though, but you
 > haven't
 > bothered to tell us what you're using.
 >
 > -chuck

Not bothered to tell you what I was using??? Not meaning to be rude but
I suppose simple english escapes you? I said "I'm a new user to Horde
and Chora, and have managed to get it working successfully (latest
releases)."

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but the latest (stable) release of Chora is
1.2.1, and that's what I'm using. And in either case, I'd already fixed
the problem before you responded with your ever so helpful suggestion.
That wasn't the only problem by the way, and contrary to what you say,
it's NOT fixed because the repercussions are still visible. They work
for the time being, but its still pretty easy to break. And as a matter
of fact, I suspect that this is one of the problems relating to the
final piece of the problem I'm getting which is to get the annotate
feature working.

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
 > So are you going to tell us about the actual problems you found so we
 > can fix
 > them, or even share your fixes for them? Or just complain?
 >
 > -chuck
 >
 > --
 > "Regard my poor demoralized mule!" - Juan Valdez

Well, when I get around to it, I might submit them to the bugs section,
but I'll do that as and when I'm ready to do it. And would you like to
point out exactly where I was complaining? I didn't realise that
revealing bugs, and in this case, quite serious bugs since they
prevented the module from working AT ALL, was a complaint!

You've got a bit of an attitude problem matey, and you can keep it to
yourself thank you very much.

Besides, seeing as you have obviously not fallen foul of these bugs, why
do you care so much about what they are and what the fixes are? Assuming
you're part of the Horde development team, it's ironic to think that
some of these bugs are actually caused by code that violates your own
coding conventions. For shame. If not, then it's none of your business
as and when I reveal the bugs.

Apologies to everyone else for going off on a rant, but I've not been
caught on a good day. And I don't appreciate unnecessary and
hypocritical attitude directed my way.