[chora] Re: Chora not seeing files

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon May 17 12:27:34 PDT 2004

Quoting Jay <j.javed at sherara.com>:

> Not bothered to tell you what I was using??? Not meaning to be rude but
> I suppose simple english escapes you? I said "I'm a new user to Horde
> and Chora, and have managed to get it working successfully (latest
> releases)."

"latest releases" means so many different things to so many different people
that it doesn't really tell us. I meant a version number.

> That wasn't the only problem by the way, and contrary to what you say,
> it's NOT fixed because the repercussions are still visible.

Requiring a trailing slash on directories was fixed in HEAD a while ago. I
didn't know what version number you were using. But this might not be what you
were seeing, since you still haven't really given a reproducible
description of
what you're seeing.

> Well, when I get around to it, I might submit them to the bugs section,
> but I'll do that as and when I'm ready to do it. And would you like to
> point out exactly where I was complaining?

I'm not sure what else to call a collection of "this is broken, that
was broken,
I hacked this, this is out of coding conventions", with no details that'd
enable someone else to fix them.

> Besides, seeing as you have obviously not fallen foul of these bugs, why
> do you care so much about what they are and what the fixes are?

Uh, because I try to fix bugs in my software?

> you're part of the Horde development team, it's ironic to think that
> some of these bugs are actually caused by code that violates your own
> coding conventions. For shame.

Okay, I'm shamed. 40 applications, and I'd rather fix bugs than go over every
single line of code to make sure that the code is clean. Actually, I often do
that when I get distracted, but especially doing it for old stable versions,
when a new major version has already been cleaned up and is close to release,
is kind of a waste of time.

-chuck