[chora] Re: Chora not seeing files

Jay j.javed at sherara.com
Tue May 18 01:26:35 PDT 2004

Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 09:18:16PM +0100, Jay wrote:
>
>>Next time someone posts a question, you might want to get off your high
>>horse and address them properly, instead of being so miserable about it.
>>Or maybe you thought you could patronise me under the assumption that
>>I'm a PHP newb or something. To tell you the truth, I probably know more
>>about PHP than you do (and I'm not exagerating), and at the very least,
>>I know how to write far more user friendly and robust code! Now, time
>>for you to eat some humble pie.
>

> Congratulations, I think we're all convinced you are a pretty l33t
> PHP Hax0r who can teach Chuck a thing or two.  The next step for most
> cr4zy hacksaws like yourself who have an idea on how to fix something
> is to read the Chora web-site, where there is a clear link labelled
> 'Bug tracking'.
>
> You probably did find a few issues on Windows; Chora was initially
> developed on Unix systems and so these things slip by.  Feel free to
> submit patches to fix them up.

Thank you, I intend to do so, hence the reason I asked Jan for some
information on where to report them. I did suspect that it was only
tested on Unix, since many of the bugs I found actually failed because I
was using Windows (the file path matching for example which isn't case
sensitive on Windows). And do you know what reply I got? Of course you
do, it was a link to the bug section, which was all I needed (thanks Jan).

BTW Jan, the link in your sig for consulting returns a 404. You might
want to look at that ;)

And for the record, I'm not a cr4zy l33t Hax0r, whatever that may be.
I'm an experienced web developer, and I've been using PHP as my language
of choice for the last 4 years, so I know my way around and have
developed my fair share of apps.

And not only that, but I do help and teach those with little to no
understanding of PHP at all, so I do know how frustrating it is to deal
with someone who hasn't got a clue, and can't grasp an idea or concept
to save their life. Nonetheless, I most definately do not fall into this
category, as I think I've safetly proven. And if I've made a mistake and
snapped at someone for no reason, I do make a point to apologise, which
is more than I can say for someone else here (yes, I know it hasn't been
too long, but given the rate he expects responses, I'd imagine he's
already read my last mail).

Anyways, can we consider the topic dropped now. There was no reason to
bring it up in the first place.

Regards

Jay