[chora] Chora 2/Horde 3

Gerard Samuel chora at trini0.org
Sat Nov 13 06:47:31 PST 2004

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Gerard Samuel <chora at trini0.org>:
>
>> Im trying to do a basic setup using
>> php 5.0.2
>> mysql 4.1.7
>>
>> I keep getting this ->
>> A fatal error has occurred
>> DB Error: extension not found
>> Details have been logged for the administrator.
>

> Then look at the log. You don't have the DB extension installed that you
> selected.
>
>> I manually edited horde's config file,
>> $conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysqli';
>> and Im getting ->
>> A fatal error has occurred
>> DB Error: connect failed
>> Details have been logged for the administrator.
>

> Again, look at the logs.

The logs isn't saying much to me.  Maybe you can shed some light on it.

Nov 13 09:39:19 HORDE [emergency] [horde] DB Error: connect failed:
[nativecode=Can't connect to local MySQL
server through socket '' (2)] ** Array [on line 1254 of
"/www/data/horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]

This is what is in horde's conf.php file concerning the DB.
$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysqli';
$conf['sql']['persistent'] = false;
$conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
$conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['sql']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['sql']['password'] = 'xxx';
$conf['sql']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['sql']['charset'] = 'utf8';

And the DB connection values are good
hivemind# mysql -h localhost -u horde -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 91 to server version: 4.1.7

On another note.  Is it really neccessary to setup a DB to use Chora,
like how it was with previous versions of Chora/Horde???

Thanks