[chora] Chora 2/Horde 3

Gerard Samuel chora at trini0.org
Sat Nov 13 12:25:12 PST 2004

Gerard Samuel wrote:

> Jan Schneider wrote:
>
>> Zitat von Gerard Samuel <chora at trini0.org>:
>>
>>> Im trying to do a basic setup using
>>> php 5.0.2
>>> mysql 4.1.7
>>>
>>> I keep getting this ->
>>> A fatal error has occurred
>>> DB Error: extension not found
>>> Details have been logged for the administrator.
>>

>> Then look at the log. You don't have the DB extension installed that you
>> selected.
>>
>>> I manually edited horde's config file,
>>> $conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysqli';
>>> and Im getting ->
>>> A fatal error has occurred
>>> DB Error: connect failed
>>> Details have been logged for the administrator.
>>

>> Again, look at the logs.
>

> The logs isn't saying much to me.  Maybe you can shed some light on it.
>
> Nov 13 09:39:19 HORDE [emergency] [horde] DB Error: connect failed:
> [nativecode=Can't connect to local MySQL
> server through socket '' (2)] ** Array [on line 1254 of
> "/www/data/horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]
>
> This is what is in horde's conf.php file concerning the DB.
> $conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysqli';
> $conf['sql']['persistent'] = false;
> $conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
> $conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
> $conf['sql']['username'] = 'horde';
> $conf['sql']['password'] = 'xxx';
> $conf['sql']['database'] = 'horde';
> $conf['sql']['charset'] = 'utf8';
>
> And the DB connection values are good
> hivemind# mysql -h localhost -u horde -p
> Enter password:
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> Your MySQL connection id is 91 to server version: 4.1.7
>
> On another note.  Is it really neccessary to setup a DB to use Chora,
> like how it was with previous versions of Chora/Horde???

Well I couldn't figure out why it wasn't connecting to mysql, even though
the connection parameters were correct.
Fortunately, I also had PostgreSQL installed, so I tried horde with it,
and it worked the first time.
Everything seems to be working now.

So I would like to pose the question again.
Is it really neccessary to have a database with the Horde/Chora
combination???
Thanks