[dev] IMP server preferences

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:30:18 -0400

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 09:07:36PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > Where is that user-defined array stored?
>
> That's something we need to figure out. Somewhere in persistent, user-level
> storage.

How about a 'server' preference that contains either the key of the
$servers entry or:

    'user|imap.example.com|143|imap|Mail/||example.com|example.com'

> > > advanced case - demo site, advanced users, etc. Users can define
> > > their own server entries and save them as prefs, and the prefs field
> > > becomes the default server of these to use.
> >
> > This is basically what we have now (well, if it all worked
> > consistently, anyway).
>
> Sort of... but I want people to be able to define multiple servers. This
> actually ties into Anil's identities post pretty much exactly...

Then maybe we should start serializing preference data.  That would
make a lot of these 'multi' preferences possible at the cost of human
-readability and -editability.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology