[dev] Building doc tree

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:11:52 -0400

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 05:48:42PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy (anil@recoil.org) wrote:
> Rich Lafferty wrote:
> >
> > I just checked out docs and tried to build the HTML tree, but it's
> > failing;
> >
> > $ make html
> > jade -i lang-en -d ./html.dsl -V use-output-dir -t sgml
> > ./phpdocxml.dcl ./manual.xml
> > jade:./html.dsl:1:73:W: cannot generate system identifier for
> > public text "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN"
>
> Your copy of Jade doesnt have its standard DSSSL identifiers in the
> system SGML catalog file.
>
> What OS are you using?  FreeBSD sorts this out if you install
> jade from ports, and OpenBSD will do that as of about a month
> ago as well.
>
> Not sure about Linux, but look for a file called 'catalog'
> that's set as the default catalog in your SGML tree.

Oh, uh, do you think that

-rw-------    1 root     root         1883 Oct 25 13:02 /usr/lib/sgml/CATALOG

might cause a problem? :-) Thanks, though -- I wouldn't have known
which file it was trying to get at.

And hey, wow, it works. I'm hoping to start poking at a user manual;
things have been pretty nuts lately, but have quieted down to "wow,
it's boring around here", so provided nothing arrives to interrupt...

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services